Parent Teacher Organization (PTO)
Parent-Teacher Organization (PTO)
A distinguishing characteristic of Catholic Schools is the involvement of the parents in the education of their children. The St. Regis Parent-Teacher Organization (PTO) is an essential component of our school. PTO Membership is made up of: parents, teachers and staff members. This organization helps coordinate volunteers, programs, and activities for students, teachers and families.
The PTO’s other goals are:
● Support the Pastor and the Principal in the implementation of the mission of St. Regis Academy.
● Support and sponsor activities, events and functions that benefit the students and staff of St. Regis Academy.
● Acknowledge the accomplishments of our students and recognize the dedication of our teachers and staff.
● Raise and distribute funds needed to support educational programs and school social activities under the direction of the Principal and the Pastor. (Fundraising activities can only be earmarked for specific projects under the direction of the Pastor and the Principal.
● Support and promote St. Regis Academy and Parish Community.
● Foster a greater appreciation of Catholic Education. All families are expected to support the officers in these tasks, as all parents/guardians of students are members. You are encouraged to attend meetings and become active in the school. PTO is currently responsible for the following volunteer opportunities:
- Fundraisers—PTO sponsors a number of fundraisers each year. Volunteers are needed to organize and lead these fundraisers.
- Student Centered Events—Volunteers organize and implement events centered on service or social experiences for students. Classroom Holiday Parties, Trunk-or-Treat, Shoe Box Santa, and Fun Day are some of the events.
- Student activities— PTO provides financial support for class field trips and other projects throughout the year.
- Support school activities—Volunteers provide hospitality for several school sponsored events: Music performances, Open House, and Catholic Schools Week are a few of the activities.
- Support the Athletics program by running the concession stand or collecting admissions for games. PTO officers consult with the Pastor and the Principal about items needed for the school.
All parents are encouraged to attend PTO meetings which are held throughout the school year. Please consult the calendar for specific dates.