Early Childhood Center
St. Regis Early Childhood Center (ECC) is a ministry of St. Regis Catholic Church.
Our ECC, through positive interaction between caregiver and your child, strives to reach the whole child - physically, socially, emotionally and spiritually.
Enrollment is open to any child 6 weeks through 5 years of age, regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, or gender. We accept children with special needs, as long as we can meet all of the child’s needs.
Our Mission Statement
St. Regis Academy in partnership with parents, as the primary educators of their children, seeks to provide a Catholic Classical Liberal Arts Education centered on Christ. We seek to cultivate an environment that fosters a student’s natural desire for Truth, Beauty, and Goodness. St. Regis Academy prepares students to think critically, reason logically, articulate clearly, and engage others persuasively. Our enrollment includes racial, ethnic, and economic diversity within the Body of Christ, providing a wealth of opportunity for students to grow in virtue by pursuing spiritual, emotional, and academic excellence.
We meet children's needs by:
- Providing trained, knowledgeable staff who are dedicated to meeting your child's needs
- Providing children with adequate nutritious meals
- Providing a safe and healthy environment
- Providing infants and toddlers with nurturing and caring responses to their needs
- Providing nursing mothers with a private lactation area as well as supply storage
- Modeling language and communication skills
- Focusing on the process not the product in children's work
- Understanding that curriculum means everything we do with children throughout the day
- Respecting each child for who they are and who they can be
- Providing materials that stimulate children's imaginations and creativity
- Celebrating liturgical happenings as well as traditions in our daily routines
Teacher Staff Ratio
- 3 to 5 years old - 1 staff person to 10 children
Our greatest strength is our dedicated staff. Our staff possesses vast levels of college and practical experience. Staff persons are screened by the Missouri Family Registry and Pro Mesa.
Each staff persons are required to have an ongoing professional development plan in early childhood. The Diocese of Kansas City-St. Joseph requires a miniumum of 12 workshop hours each year for staff. Each of our staff persons are trained in Pediatric CPR, First Aide and AED.
Each new staff person is orientated and trained in the policies and procedures that are required by our Accredidation agency.