Early Childhood Center
Early Childhood Center (816) 763-6566
St. Regis Early Childhood Center (ECC) is a ministry of St. Regis Catholic Church.
Our ECC, through positive interaction between caregiver and your child, strives to reach the whole child - physically, socially, emotionally and spiritually.
Enrollment is open to any child 6 weeks through 5 years of age, regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, or gender. We accept children with special needs, as long as we can meet all of the child’s needs.
Our Mission Statement
"Recognizing the treatment of our children is a measurement of our fidelity to our Lord; our program provides families in our parish and surrounding community with a safe and developmentally appropriate environment for their children. We know that the quality of care children receive directly impacts their lives, as well as the lives of their family. Our goal is to build a partnership with families who we serve."
We meet children's needs by:
- Providing trained, knowledgeable staff who are dedicated to meeting your child's needs
- Providing children with adequate nutritious meals
- Providing a safe and healthy environment
- Providing infants and toddlers with nurturing and caring responses to their needs
- Providing nursing mothers with a private lactation area as well as supply storage
- Modeling language and communication skills
- Focusing on the process not the product in children's work
- Understanding that curriculum means everything we do with children throughout the day
- Respecting each child for who they are and who they can be
- Providing materials that stimulate children's imaginations and creativity
- Celebrating liturgical happenings as well as traditions in our daily routines
Teacher Staff Ratio
- Infants/toddlers - 1 staff person to 4 infants
- 2 years old - 1 staf person to 8 children
- 3 to 5 years old - 1 staff person to 10 children
Our greatest strength is our dedicated staff. Our staff possesses vast levels of college and practical experience. Staff persons are screened by the Missouri Family Registry and Pro Mesa.
Each staff persons are required to have an ongoing professional development plan in early childhood. Licensing requires a miniumum of 12 workshop hours each year for staff. Each of our staff persons are trained in Pediatric CPR, First Aide and AED.
Each new staff person is orientated and trained in the policies and procedures that licensing and accreditation require.
St. Regis Early Childhood is a recongnized Breastfeeding Childcare Facility. We provide our nursing mothers with a private area for lactation expression. The staff within our center our trained on the proper handling and storage of breast milk as well as the health beniefits it provides. We welcome our infant mothers to utilize this designated area in our nursery.